Blog Font Style is a 5 part tutorial series on styling text with CSS. This series is designed for absolute beginners — no CSS experience necessary!
Table of Contents
- Finding the Selectors: the first step to styling your text is selecting your text! I'll show you how to find the right CSS selector using the developer tools built into Firefox and Chrome.
- Font Families: Tell the browser what font to show with a well-built font stack.
- Font Size, Weight, Style, and Variations: Take finer control of your new font's appearance.
- Line Height, Spacing, Alignment & Indentation: Typesetting options for advanced typography.
- CSS Text Effects: decorations and Photoshop-inspired effects for ultra-stylish text.
If you can add CSS to your blog, you can use these tutorials. Blogger, Wordpress, Typepad, and Tumblr users, you're good to go. Wordpress.com users will need the premium Custom CSS option to add CSS. And, of course, CSS is not just for bloggers — any website owner who has access to their site's CSS can use these tutorials.
Ready to get to it? Start with Finding the Selectors.